Park City, UT

on Tuesday, March 10, 2009


I’ve been fortunate enough to take a ski trip pretty much every year since I graduated college. And in all those years I’ve progressed from a pretty bad skier to a moderately bad skier. Ha. Either way it’s a lot of fun, once you get past the extreme cold and horrible soreness. But seriously, it’s always a blast.

This year we had a group of nine, mostly friends/fraternity brothers from college. We left for Park City, UT Wednesday Feb 4th and returned on the 8th. Everything was great from the food, to the lodging, the ski conditions, and, of course, the hang out time.

We rented a home owned by a movie producer. I think she does documentaries, mostly. The house was cool/eclectic and was close enough for us to walk about a block to ski in and ski out. It also had a hot tub which got plenty of use at the end of the day.

Here's a link to the house-  http://www.vrbo.com/18899

We got good snow the first night we were there so the slopes were full of fresh powder which is good and bad. It took a couple of runs but I picked it back up and by the end of the second day I had several Black Diamonds and an intense Double Black Diamond, expert only, run under my belt. Believe it or not the worst fall I took the entire trip happened on the stairs inside the house. One pair of wool socks + frictionless ski pants + polished hardwood = about a 9-10 stair free fall… Of course I would have liked to play it off but the noise I made was so loud that everyone knew about it within minutes. Yes, I was THAT guy.

We finished the trip with a great meal at Zoom. A restaurant owned by Robert Redford. It was great food.

Here are some pictures from the trip.

Me, Taylor, MC, and John

Shredding... Kind of

After our first Black Diamond run
The Blue Slip Bowl

John and Me- Post Blue Slip Run

Caution: Unmarked Obstacles

Last night dinner at Zoom

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Thinking about you falling down those stairs makes me laugh. Makes me think of Eric's fall off the scooter. Good times.

Brandi said...

Looks like tons of fun! I looked at the house, was that the infamous stairs? Hilarious!