Europe- General Itinerary

on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I’ve wanted to travel to Europe for a while now. Looking back it may be one of the few regrets I have from college. That is, not trying to do a summer semester abroad or something to that effect. Having said that, I’m seizing the opportunity to hop the pond and visit a few places.

My trip won’t be very long but it’ll give me several days in each of the three countries I’m planning to visit. On my list are England, Ireland, and France. More specifically London, Dublin, and Paris. I had originally wanted to include Italy on my trip but logistically and financially it was becoming too much of a burden. Plus, when I do go to Italy I’d like a travel buddy or buddies.

Yes, I’m traveling alone on this trip but I’ll be meeting up with people in different places. A good friend of mine, Cile, has a younger sister studying in Wales this semester so I am meeting up with her and some friends of hers in Dublin for St. Patty’s Day. It should be a blast! In addition, I’m part Irish so this could be a really cool experience from an ancestry standpoint. I also have a friend of a friend who I’ve met a couple of times that just moved to Paris with his girlfriend so it’ll be nice to know someone there as well.

A rough itinerary is as follows:

Thursday Mar 12th- Fly out of Birmingham at about 6:30am - Connection in Newark, NJ and eventually an overnight flight

Friday Mar 13th- Arrive in London about 6:30am
I’ll have Friday, Saturday and Sunday in London

Monday Mar 16th- Fly to Dublin-
I’ll meet up with the other group here. St. Patricks Day is on the 17th so Dublin should be full of activities.

Wed or Thursday Mar 18th or 19th- Fly to Paris
Where I’ll spend the remainder of the trip until I take a train back to London

Monday Mar 23rd- Leave London and return to Birmingham. I should be back around 11pm.

It’ll be a bloody good time ole chaps. I’ll try not-n-be dodgy and keep up the blog.

4 comments:

Cile said...

I am so excited about your trip! I have called ahead to London so please have on your best duds for when the Queen meets your plane at the airport. Nothing too fancy, but let's not be embarassing. Only kidding, of course! Have a great flight and please be a more dilligent blogger than I (don't worry, that won't be too difficult). Fish and chips!

Whitney said...

Once you start you just can't stop. :) Tally ho.

The Carters said...

YEA!!! I am so excited for you and so glad that you are taking this opportunity to do something you've always wanted to do. I will be checking the blog often (probably 2-3 times a day since I'm unemployed) so please do some posting about your travels. Also, Brad and I think it's super cool that you will be spending St. Patrick's Day in Dublin. Have a GREAT and safe trip!

The Reeds said...

Oh yeah!! Love the blog! The layout is impressive- you learn fast:) I am going to enjoy keeping up with you!!