Happy St. Patty's Day!

on Tuesday, March 17, 2009



Happy St. Patty's Day! Dublin has been crazy. There are tons of people here. This morning I got up and met Kara and her friends- Katrina, Abby, and Ashley- to watch the parade. It was fun. It was different than I expected it to be. There was some traditional Irish stuff but overall the parade had more of carnival feel.

When I arrived to meet them I had on some green but was quickly informed that I was not festive enough. So a few Euro's later I was wearing an Irish/Indian headdress and had a "Kiss Me I'm Irish" temporary tattoo slapped on my cheek. I paid the price for my headdress because after about an hour I felt like I was being scalped.
I'm about to head out for dinner. Here are some pictures from the parade.

Parade


Parade- for Jack

Soccer Team w/ Dummies

Parade

Parade

Parade

Parade

Parade

Parade

Parade

Parade

Parade

Leprechaun Motorcade

Dublin



Sometimes pictures can't tell the whole story. Here are some videos.

Bagpipes



An Irish Jig?? Check out the girl in blue in the back. She looks like she got lost and found herself in the middle of the parade. Ha.

Attack of the Float

3 comments:

Whitney said...

HAHAH! I love the video of the girls dancing! First stop, the St. Patty's Day parade in Dublin. Next stop, America's Best Dance Crew! WHOOO! Glad you are having fun and you have some company. :)

Cile said...

So glad that you and Kara met up! It is bizarre to see the Alabama crew posing for a pic...in Dublin...at the St. Paddy's Day parade. Just livin' the dream!

D Usher said...

Uncle John likes the girls dancing too. Didn't seem to mind the blue clad one in the back either.
Great photos. I would have been lonely by myself in Paris; it is a city to be shared.
Come to visit us in Florida. We have parades and Guiness here too!