Fish & Chips... and other stuff

on Saturday, March 14, 2009



I felt like a new person today. I forced myself to stay up until 7 last night and I bet I was out cold at 7:01. I woke up a little after 9 this morning. 14 hours of solid sleep and I needed every bit. It still took me a while to get going this morning and by the time I was out, it was close to lunch. I'd been told to try Fish and Chips while I was in London and I wasn't disappointed.

My Lunch Spot- How could you not eat here

After lunch, I was back to sight seeing. (A little more slowly than yesterday thanks to the Fish and Chips) I stopped in a drug store later this afternoon and bought a phone card. It took a couple of tries but I worked it out and called home to touch base. It was also a good excuse to use a phone booth.



Yesterday I toured in the same clothes I arrived in. That included my boots. That was a mistake. My feet were killing me last night. So after some band-aids and a change to more comfortable shoes, I decided that I should probably reduce my walking some. So, I took a stab at the Underground. It's just like the Subway except maybe even easier to maneuver.




Below are some more of the things I saw:
St. Paul's Cathedral- The Largest Church in London
This was just part of it

In front of St. Paul's Cathedral- with my coffee

After I left St. Paul's Cathedral I headed to see Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. As I was crossing over the River Thames, on the Millenium Bridge, I saw it; The London Bridge. It looked cool so even though I'd been told not to go see the London Bridge I went anyway. I passed a lot of cool streets and shops as I made my way to see the bridge. The closer I got I realized that I was going to have to take a picture from farther away to get the entire bridge. So, I decided to take the bridge before the London Bridge, walk to the middle and get a good shot. I turned and walked toward the bridge that I was going to take the picture on- just a normal, dinky bridge. Just as I was walking onto the bridge I see this sign (below).



What? What a load of crap. I agree with the song; maybe London Bridge should fall down. I was so disappointed that I didn't even take a picture of it. I did, however, walk to the middle of it and take a picture of what I did think was the London Bridge, and now know, is the Tower Bridge. Much Cooler.

The Tower Bridge

Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament Palace of Westminster

Big Ben- This is the second Big Ben I've seen in weeks

Houses of Parliament Palace of Westmister

Buckingham Palace- again

And I passed this in a park on my way back to the hotel-
I call it a Michael Jackson Bird
EEEEE EEE!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I waited and waited and check my blogger all day and FINALLY! I hate I missed your call but I am glad you are having fun. I am loving the shot of Big Ben. It will look great over Ben's crib. Still wish I could have seen the London Bridge. Even if it was just for a laugh. I can hear the bird now.... It doesn't matter if your black or white, ooh oooooooo.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your memories. I, too, checked the blog several times throughout the day for an update and to get in on a part of the action. I can only imagine how exciting this is for you. Enjoy every moment. I love you, Wes!

Anonymous said...

Me again. I screwed up on my previous message. It was me sending my love your way!

Cile said...

Nice photos! I feel like I am perusing a London calendar and hitting all the sights. Also glad that you are meeting some foreign friends and getting them to play photographer! Final thought, that bird looks disgusting...really.