Bonjour!

on Thursday, March 19, 2009


I made it to Paris- checked in and everything- about an hour ago. It's a little later than I had planned but there were delays in Dublin due to fog this morning. In addition, I lost another hour from Dublin to Paris. So, it is about 8 here. A six hour time difference from home.

I'll have to admit that I started to get nervous about this leg of the trip when I got to the airport in Dublin. My biggest concerns were being able to navigate the airport and trains into Paris. It was actually not that difficult. Most signs in the airport were also in English and the trains ran on a basic subway set-up so it was easy to look at the map and see which stop I needed to get off at. After I made it to the station, I took a cab. It was my first test with the language. It wasn't the prettiest but I gave my directions for the hotel and we were off. Other than the delay and the taxi almost driving off with my luggage, the travel today went really well. Haha.

Paris definitely has it's own style and when I was riding in the taxi on the way to my hotel I really felt like I was "in Paris". It was a cool feeling. Also, on the way we passed the Moulin Rouge... Yes, I could leave Paris now and feel like I had the whole experience. Ha.

My hotel room is nice. Small but, nice. I am on the sixth floor and there is no elevator. The plus is that I have a little balcony. Below is my view.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,
si tu as besoin d'aide, just parle avec moi. :-)
je serai content de tu aide avec ton francais!
avoir fun!

The Carters said...

Did I mention in my last comment that I am jealous??? I am glad that you are having such a good time and can't wait for you to get back and tell me all about it!